Welcome! My name is Emma, I live in Southern England and blogged at Come Step Back In Time between July 2011 and October 2016. There are 185 articles here (280K word count) covering a wide-range of fascinating historical topics, so grab a coffee (or tea!) and have a browse.
I am a graduate and post-graduate who loves to share a passion for social history with as wide an audience as possible. I pride myself on producing high quality, well-researched, accessible content. I share my blogging adventures across all social media platforms (see below).
Please note, as of October 2016, I no longer post articles here on Come Step Back In Time. My new blog is 20th Century Crush.
I am a regular contributor on television, radio, podcasts and magazines. I also fulfil research requests from the media, often sourced from my large collection of 20th Century ephemera. Specifically, relating to 20th Century society, food, popular culture and fashion. I am particularly skilled at interpreting retro recipes and recreating 20th Century dining experiences.
I look forward to hearing from you:
- E-mail: astepbackintimeinfo [@] yahoo.co.uk
- Twitter: @20thCentCrush
- Instagram: @20thcenturycrush
- You Tube: Historian Emma
- Pinterest: Historian Emma
Just a few more things before you go:
- Come Step Back In Time is a non-commercial blog. I have only ever recommended exhibitions/events/heritage locations/books which are of the highest standard and I believe my readers will not be disappointed to visit/purchase. If I have found an exhibition/event/heritage location/book not be of the highest standard, then it will simply not be featured on my website;
- All photographs, unless otherwise captioned to indicate a third party attribution or sourced from Getty Images, have been taken by myself and I retain the copyright. If you wish to re-use any of my images please contact me via e-mail: astepbackintimeinfo [@] yahoo.co.uk to obtain permission before re-using;
- I often discover my photographs being re-used on-line, without prior permission. Please note, I will always make contact to alert you of this oversight. Those who approach me out of courtesy before republishing, find me very amenable with regards image re-use. Those who have not sought prior permission, will be required to remove the relevant image(s), immediately and permanently, no exceptions. If I discover my images published, without consent, in a magazine or book publication (digital or print versions), I will contact your Editor/Publisher direct, making them aware that copyright permission has not been obtained from me by the article/book’s author. I DO NOT SIGN RETROSPECTIVE COPYRIGHT RELEASE FORMS. Approaching me in the first instance avoids embarrassment for both yourself and your publishing house in the long run. You have been warned!;
- If you wish to quote text from any of my articles, please credit me accordingly, linking back to the original source. Credit should also contain the following citation: ©Come Step Back In Time (please copy and paste this copyright citation, it contains the correct weblink). I would also be grateful if you could send me a courtesy e-mail with a link to any article that you have quoted my writing in. [astepbackintimeinfo ‘AT’ yahoo.co.uk] Alternatively, copy me in on Twitter: @20thCentCrush.
Thank-you for visiting:) Emma.XX
Text copyright October 2018©Come Step Back In Time